About Me

About Me
Click on Pic for More Info

Our Names

Teacher:

Mrs. Ben (Bendixsen)

Paraeducators:


Class Schedule

Monday:

9:50-3:10

Tuesday-Friday

8:50-3:10

Popular Posts

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Brown Bear, Brown Bear -SRP


Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Written by Bill Martin Jr., Illustrated by Eric Carle,
Henry Holt & Company 1983


Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?
I see a Red Bird looking at Me.

Red Bird, Red Bird, What do you see?
I see a Yellow Duck looking at Me.

Yellow Duck, Yellow Duck, do you see?
I see a Blue Horse looking at Me.

Blue Horse, Blue Horse, What do you see?
I see a Green Frog looking at Me.

Green Frog, Green Frog, What do you see?
I see a Purple Cat looking at Me.

Purple Cat, Purple Cat, What do you see?
I see a White Dog looking at Me.

White Dog, White Dog, What do you see?
I see a Black Sheep looking at Me.

Black Sheep, Black Sheep, What do you see?
I see a Goldfish looking at Me.

Goldfish, Goldfish, What do you see?
I see a Teacher looking at Me.

Teacher, Teacher, What do you see?
I see Children looking at Me.



Children, Children, What do you see?
We see a Brown Bear, a Red Bird, a Yellow Duck, a Blue Horse, a Green Frog, a Purple Cat, a White Dog, a Black Sheep, a Gold Fish and a Teacher looking at us, that’s what we see.

Developmental Focus: Colors and Animal Names, “Wh” questions, Predicting, Concepts of Print


Activities: 
Read the story, predict what is coming next. Once they get the pattern of text down on each page, have them "read" it or fill in the blanks.

Listen to the song (http://youtu.be/ek7j3huAApc) and sign color and/or animal names.

Write or tell your own story: For example, we have done: Snowman, snowman, what do you wear? I wear a black hat on my head, Snowman, snowman, what do you wear? I wear a purple scarf around my neck etc… You can do different animals, foods, characters etc.

Make popsicle (or tongue depressor) puppets with the animals on them to hold up when they each one is read in the story.

Here are more activity ideas: Click Herehowever, remember that simplicity is better, especially when your child is younger and you also want to choose activities that allow your child to self-direct and discover as they go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment