About Me

About Me
Click on Pic for More Info

Our Names

Teacher:

Mrs. Ben (Bendixsen)

Paraeducators:


Class Schedule

Monday:

9:50-3:10

Tuesday-Friday

8:50-3:10

Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Reading & Music Activities

Parents,

    Here are some activity ideas for you to do with your child over the summer. These are books with songs that we have been reading all year long. I am wanting to create a system in the fall where parents can 'check out' a bag with the book, music and activity sheet to take home and try. For now I hope you can find the songs on Youtube and the book at the county library. I will try and post a new one every few weeks, although they might come in rounds depending on my summer schedule. Here is the first one:

Brown Bear, Brown Bear,
What Do You See?
Written by Bill Martin Jr., Illustrated by Eric Carle,
Henry Holt and Company 1983

Music can be found on youtube and iTunes

Youtube Link: Brown Bear

Lyrics:



Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?
I see a Red Bird looking at Me.

Red Bird, Red Bird, What do you see?
I see a Yellow Duck looking at Me.

Yellow Duck, Yellow Duck, do you see?
I see a Blue Horse looking at Me.

Blue Horse, Blue Horse, What do you see?
I see a Green Frog looking at Me.

Green Frog, Green Frog, What do you see?
I see a Purple Cat looking at Me.

Purple Cat, Purple Cat, What do you see?
I see a White Dog looking at Me.

White Dog, White Dog, What do you see?
I see a Black Sheep looking at Me.

Black Sheep, Black Sheep, What do you see?
I see a Goldfish looking at Me.

Goldfish, Goldfish, What do you see?
I see a Teacher looking at Me.

Teacher, Teacher, What do you see?
I see Children looking at Me.



Children, Children, What do you see?
We see a Brown Bear, a Red Bird, a Yellow Duck, a Blue Horse, a Green Frog, a Purple Cat, a White Dog, a Black Sheep, a Gold Fish and a Teacher looking at us, that’s what we see.

Developmental Focus: Colors and Animal Names

Activities: Sign color and animal names, do a variety of categories with this pattern (e.g. snowman, snowman, what do you wear? I wear a black hat on my head, Snowman, snowman, what do you wear? I wear a purple scarf around my neck etc…) Make popsicle (or tongue depressor) puppets with the animals on them to hold up when they are read.

No comments:

Post a Comment